KWOS / UNITED WAY / Jefferson Bank Person You Should Know / Austin Petersen & John Marsh
September 17, 2021
- This person was born and raised in JCMO, but lived in Arkansas, Virginia and West Virginia – and eventually worked to return to JCMO and is married and has 3 children.
- This person got involved in her children’s activities and has been a volleyball coach, archery coach, concessions team parent, roommate and helped with the school golf tournament. for 12 years.
- This person graduated in 1990 from Columbia University of MO.
- Little known fact – this person was a traveling therapist for two years and packed and moved across the country every three months!
- She will soon be earning her Masters in Occupational Therapy from Rockhurst University at KCMO.
- Favorite Quote (this person had 3… I picked one) “Every day might not be GOOD, but there is GOOD every day.”
- This person manages about 20 other therapists including occupational therapists, physiotherapists and speech therapists.
- This person says his job at the Special Learning Center is a “call / passion / dream of life!” SHE LOVES working with children.
WHO IS THIS PERSON YOU SHOULD KNOW? He is, Jen Wright, Occupational Therapist, Special Learning Center / A UNITED WAY Partner Agency
What does Jen do as an occupational therapist? She works with children to develop the skills necessary to be successful in an educational environment. Therapies are designed to help each child reach their maximum potential with the goal of achieving greater independence.
Stephanie Johnson, Special Learning Center, Executive Director – “Jen is passionate about our mission and is ready to go the extra mile for our organization and the children. She is a hard worker and not afraid to undertake a project for the improvement of the Center.
Steve Houser – SLC board member and church member. “Jen not only gives herself daily to the Special Learning Center, but she volunteers her time at church and school after work hours and on weekends.”
The Special Learning Center provides special early childhood education, therapy and child care for children from birth to age 12 with developmental delays and disabilities. For more information visit www.speciallearningcenter.com